Thread: Studio V9 Menus

Question Studio V9 Menus

I have a menu system to display 4 thumbnail photos per page. When one thumbnail is selected the photo is displayed full screen.
    I then click the “Next” button to display another 4 thumbnail photos and so on.
    I would like to set the highlight selection to say the top left thumbnail photo as each page is displayed.
    At the moment the highlighted selection seems to select one of the thumbnails at random.
    Is there anyway to default the selection to the same thumbnail on each page?
    Thanks David

Default Same problem with menus

I am also having the same menu problem where the button that is selected (highlighted) in the menu is not the upper left button). Did you figure out a way to fix this? So far it does appear to be random. This is occuring in a nested menu. However, the other nested menu is not having this problem. I was thinking that perhaps this is occuring because I started with a template with 3 buttons and copied one of the buttons to make it 4 buttons on the menu. Did you copy buttons as well or did you start with a template with the number of buttons that you needed? If anyone has any idea on how to fix this that would be great.

Not to sure on this as I haven't used it in a while but it may down to the order that you are setting the links.

I can only suggest that when you set the links on the 2nd and subsequent menus that the one you want to be highlighted when you change pages is the first one you assign a link to on that page.

So for example you have 4 thumbnails assigned 1,2,3, & 4 and then a next button assigned 5, then on the next page make your first thumbnail 7 then 8,9,10 and so on.

Having said that pinacle studio can be a pig when doing this and appears to have a mind of its own.

Sometimes when its giving me grief I just remove all the chapter links and start afresh but I suspect its the just the order you're assigning the links.

Hope you understand what I'm getting at as I'm sure it doesn't make as much sense as I think it does.

anyway good luck