Thread: Zooming in on photos

Default Zooming in on photos

In vegas 6 ive figured out how to zoom in on photos, but it wont go smoothly. i found the thing that says "smooth" but nothin really happens. is there a way to zoom in on photographs, documentary style, and make it smooth? it just zooms in pieces...kind of....help?

Blog Entries

Do you mean it's jerking along? Could just be your preview if you're previewing at high quality and have little RAM. Try rendering a small section and lower your preview to draft quality and see how it looks. One last thought.. just make sure you only have two keyframes as well, one where it starts the zoom and one where it ends. If you've inadvertantly added keyframes in the timeline, it might appear to jerk as it passes those extra keyframes.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 05-19-2006 at 07:26 AM.

Default hooray!

it just didnt wantto be smooth last night, its working now. i probably dont have enough RAM anyways but its working now and i can finish my first vegas video project for my class. wonderful. thanks!

Default dangit

so it is still jerking along, i can get it to be smooth just fine when i have a new project and a single photo on the track but when i try it in my project it is still not working proporly. and only two keyframes. pfffff

Blog Entries

For sure sounds like a RAM issue during preview then. I'm sure when you render it out, all will be fine.

sounds like the preview, even with my ppretty fast pc, its laggy with igh preview settings
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

Blog Entries

Yes, definitely sounds like you need to set preview options lower, use a smaller screen size or lower quality. I usually start with best and a large window but as I pile on tracks and effects I often end up draft and small and even then only have a low frame rate. All this is perfectly normal and does not effect the rendered project.

Another hint with track motion that bugged me for ages... In the track motion window there is a seeting called 'smoothness', set at 100 this appears to simulate actual camera movement, like it is not perfectly in a straight line; set this to zero and it pans in a straight line from k frame to k frame. Annoyed me for ages, try it and you will see what i mean.

Oh another hint for faster previews, make sure your project settings are the same as the media you are editing (or most of it), you can always change it for the render.

Default got it

it must have just been that photograph cause i got it to work later in the project. wonderful! thanks