Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Encore problem

Default Adobe Encore problem

Hey, guys, i am new on this forum and hopefully any of you can help me (i hope, i am in the right selection though)

Well, i am creating a DVD in Adobe Encore program. It worked fine this far till i burned the DVD and tryed to display that on the DVD player. The menu doesn't work actually, where on the computer everything's working fine and when i'm clicking on the next chapter it just displays that. Using the DVD player i can't go to the next chapter at all, nothing highlights either.

Can you help me out here? Thanks.

Pretty Stranger

This may be a simple case of unsupported media. What I mean by that is that the blank DVD dick you burnt might just happen to be not supported by your set-top DVD player. Sadly, this still happens. It happens less and less now but it does still happen.

Try this test in Encore. Instead of writing and burning straight to disk (presumably that's what you did), create DVD Folder instead. You will end up with a folder on your hard drive containing another folder called VIDEO_TS. Once that exists, fire up your PC software DVD player of choice and point it at that directory. Your DVD should play and be controlled just fine. If it is all ok then we can only presume that it was the burn to disk on your first attemot that went wrong and it's not Encore (as such) at all.

If all is well, try doing the burn to disk using a different app (like Nero?) rather than in Encore and also try some different brand of blank DVD media.

That's about all I can suggest at the moment.

Oh btw, what version of Encore are you running?

Thanks, Alan.

Yestersay my boss had a look at my project and she changed some settings in "preferences" so it worked in the end. Although when she selected the button using the DVD player it was highlighting turning to really ugly black. I haven't figured out how you can change that the way you want it yet...

I actually thought of burning the DVD in the folder, i might try that just to see if there would be any differences.

And i'm using the version 1.5. Which one are you running yourself?

Gosh, now i have another problem. My boss asked me to put the music by the menu, so anytime you return to the menu you'll hear the music. But she also wants me to make it possible to turn the music off whenever you want to... ...

As for ugly black highlights... the DVD standard does limit the colours that can used for highlights. You can't just put anything on the highlight layer. That's why all highlights tend to be single, flat coloured blobs, shapes and underlines. just try a different colour.

As for music in menus... That's easy enough I think. Being able to turn the music on and off in the menus is something I've never even heard of before or seen. i think you'll be reching for the volume control for that one. Sorry.

I guess you could implement each menu twice, once with a once without music and then have a first menu that the user selkects which menu set they want. Sort of like the 'choose your language' menu at the start of manby commercial DVDs.

oh, and I'm using Encore v2 now. It's a great upgrade from 1.5. I love the new slideshow builder and found the transition options yesterday so I must get to grips with that also sometime. It's a lot less clunky and, by many accounts, much more stable too.

Alan, it seems you're the only one on this forum, who's using Encore. Thanks for your last reply too.

Now i need to play around the subtitles and it seems i can only add them in the timeline. What if i want my subtitles to be played while menu is displaying on the screen? Is that possible?

I don't think you can have subtitles on the menu screens, you could encode them into the menu background video (virtualdub and the subtitle plug-in can do that, or you could just make a title in your editing app') then do the same multiple menus trick like for the sound but with and without the subtitled BG video.

The subtitle feature in Encore is pretty hard going I found, when I had to make a lot of subtitles I used Subtitle workshop (free from: here) you can export from there as encore subtitle file and import it easily.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Hello pretty stranger. Later I am going to experment with the music. Please could you send ONLY your PSD menu file (so i can edit it and use it for a template) to-
    luke@ld-productions.co.uk

Thanks a lot, guys! I have a lot to learn about Encore hehe...

Luke, i've sent you an email, thanks.

Hello.Just to update you. It looks like your going to have to have two of each menus. If you want zip the whole encore file and send it and I will work on the sound for the menus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast