Thread: film turns into colours

Default film turns into colours

I am using the trial version of adobe premiere pro 2. I have captured DV film with no problem, but when it is played in the monitor to edit; the sound is fine but the image is just plain tones of colours (black screen, green screen, grey screen...). For example a shot of a green fiel turns out to be a green colour that takes up the frame. What could the problem be? The captured films do play perfectly out of premiere (with nero etc). Many thanks

Can you post a screen shot of your Premiere pro session so we can see what you mean. Make sure it shows the timeline, clip properties and effects and the preview window.

It will likely save us asking lots of questions to help diagnose the problem.

Also, let us know how you captured the footage from your camera. Which app was used and which codec was used.

Click to enlarge
    Click to enlarge

As you can see the film is interpreted as a colour once it is played, the image never comes out just various colored screens; although its small preview image in the project list shows what it should look like.
    I don't know how to see what Codec i used, but I captured it all with the capture options of premiere pro 2. Firewire connexion. When I use my old premiere pro 1.5 I don't have this problem; my premiere pro reads the captured footage fine and also reads that of this project fine! Maybe I should just use my old premiere! but this would be a shame! Help Need more info?

It's funny also because through the camera, when linked up and used as a montior, the image is fine; could it be that the adobe is not using the right media palyer?

ok it all works fine now, I think it's cause I left the camera connected, cause since i unplugged it all is ok; anyway my computer's old so maybe the graphic card is not good enough also....

Quote Originally Posted by David Insull
    ok it all works fine now, I think it's cause I left the camera connected, cause since i unplugged it all is ok; anyway my computer's old so maybe the graphic card is not good enough also....
    I have to admit that I was at a loss to explain this. I wouldn't have guessed that it was because the camera was left turned on though. Curious.