Thread: menus

Default menus

hiya.

ive created two menus. one that is a motion menu that lasts about 20 seconds. then ive animated the buttons to come on screen. this then goes to the main menu which is a seperate menu. in theory this should be seamless - but when it is burned on to a dvd there is a noticable gap between the 2 menus. is there a way to get around this or is this simply down to the speed of the dvd player??

thanks

dave

^^ I used premire pro 1.5, AE 6.5 and encore 1.5 by the way..

**bump**

any1??

On my DVD's that I made with Encore there's sometimes a little pause between menus and transitions, it hasn't been a problem for me really, but now that I think about it, I don't remember having that problem with commercial DVD's,

so I guess it might be a problem with Encore.

Have you tried the encore forums?

This could be useless speculation (but what the hell): I've been reading up on DVD structure a bit, may be a case of a little knowledge being dangerous, but I know that there's such a thing as a seamless-flag between cells which span two layers of a Dual layer dvd, and I know that PGCedit can mess about with the structure at this level, so maybe that might offer some way of adding a seamless transition between menus??

Doom9.org and the PGCedit forums would be the place to ask about that.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

^^^cheers - i'll look in to it..

Quote Originally Posted by innocent_bystander
    hiya.

ive created two menus. one that is a motion menu that lasts about 20 seconds. then ive animated the buttons to come on screen. this then goes to the main menu which is a seperate menu. in theory this should be seamless - but when it is burned on to a dvd there is a noticable gap between the 2 menus. is there a way to get around this or is this simply down to the speed of the dvd player??

thanks

dave
    Two menus? The first of these should be a standard 'first play' video clip and not a menu. I do this all the time, have a video timeline with an end action to jump to my first menu. Never had a problem. However, mine are not really designed to be seamless.

However, I have to admit that even with 'hollywood' DVDs I've bought the 'transition' between menu and timeline (or vice versa) is really quite noticable in a lot of cases. The best you can really do is make sure the last frame of the first matches the first frame of the second.

I haven't played with this feature by Encore v2 has introduced a 'transition' feature between timelines and/or button clicks. I wonder if this helps make things seamless or wther it's really just a shoprthand for playing a different timeline with an end action of the next clip. Anyone?