Thread: Built the PC... now where?

Default Built the PC... now where?

Hi all, i would just like to open this for all to comment. I have just built dual core athlon 64,asus a8n32-sli delux motherboard, 3 hard drives (2 on Raid 0) and 2 gig of mem. win xp pro and Prem 1.5.
    Now what has brought me to the forum is that its just not running how i thought it would. Any amount of effects seems to cause the system to starting chugging along.
    Any ideas??
    I presume the PC will need tweaking. I thought about buying a capture card such as the (soon to be released) Matrox RT.X2. But reading other forums i wouldnt benifit from a capture card unless editing analogue video??

What exactly is it doing? Explain and I will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by craga2k
    I thought about buying a capture card such as the (soon to be released) Matrox RT.X2. But reading other forums i wouldnt benifit from a capture card unless editing analogue video??
    Not really... except some expensive cards, such as the RTX, or Pinnacle Pro-One have real-time output which will save you lots of time, but they're not really essential unless you do broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Onomoto
    What exactly is it doing? Explain and I will help you.

Well the hard drives sound like they are doing overtime. Yes I know video capture is tough work but they seem to be struggling especially when I add basic transitions or effects.

Thank you. You have just saved me a few pounds. I thought that would improve capture quality.