Thread: General Movie Help

Default General Movie Help

Hi i am new to the sony vegas scene and have started making frag movies for my Call Of Duty clan

I now know the basics but i need help with 2 things:

1) How can i make the picture look like widescreen eg. Remove the top and bottom of screen

2) How can i have 2 clips running at the same time eg. merge left half screen 1 clip and the right side the other clip and then go back to just the 1 clip

Any help would be most grateful

Are you shooting with a 16:9 camara? If you are then its easy. When you go to open the video click the little file forder on the side to match the the properities to the video then open it. As far as the merge look in the video fx and you'll find alot of diffrent whipes and fades as well as filters.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Hi im not shooting with any camera,

Its a frag (kills) movie made of recorded clips from the pc game Call Of Duty: United Offensive

I done the last movie in 800 x 600 resolution but this time im gunna try 1280 x 1024

But basically this is a detailed version of what i wanna do....

I wanna make the whole movie to show in widescreen so it cuts out the top and bottom to make it look alot better (not stretch because then looks wierd)

But then main thing is the split screen.... i want to start with 1 of my teammates frag clips (full screen), then i want to split the screen in 2 bringing in another teammates clip (from the right) and run them both simultaneously ending with the 1st persons clip moving out to the left and finishing with just the 2nd persons clip on its own

I hope you understand what i mean as any help would be most appreciated

Oh and 1 last thing.... i know how to add a txt onto a transarent background using the text media generator but the basic txt that come with vegas are not what im looking for so any help on how to get some cool & more stylish fonts would be also be a great help

Thanx alot to anyone who take the time to read this

Didnt think so :(

Sorry...Been workin. What your trying to do is possable. You can make it into widescreen , and use Pan Crop to match the aspect ratio. This will cut off the top and bottom of your 4:3 frame, and the pic will have to be slightly scaled up to a full 16:9 frame, which will cause some amount of degradation.

To do the split screen use the pan and crop tool and the track motion tool. you can even do the brady bunch thing with 9 diffrent videos running just play around with it. you'll be surprised what it can do. i'm still trying to get the hang of it goodluck

Software Used:

Thanx alot m8

no prob. Let me no if you need any more help.

Software Used: