Thread: How to use my SONY TRV480 camcoder as pass thru

Default How to use my SONY TRV480 camcoder as pass thru

Hi,

Pls, I'll like to know how to connect my SONY camcoder as pass thru to capture analogue video from VCR to my PC. Anytime I attempted this, I'm only able to capture the audio but nothing shows on the camera LCD. Ironically, it was clearly stated in the cam manual that it's quite possible but i've made several attempts & could not still work out.This my inabailty has made me to buy an ext. TV card (Cute TV USB) which could not even give me a great video quality production I desire.

I do connect the SONY TRV480 camera to VCR thru RCA cable supplied.

Pls, what else do I need to know on the connection.

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

JohnA

Are you running both audio and video from RCA (composite) on the VCR to the same connections on the camera or are you taking the audio from RCA and video from S-Video?

Default RE: How to use my SONY TRV480 as passthru

Hi Nikosony,

I do run both audio and video from AV out on the VCR with RCA cable supplied with d camcoder (yellow for video & black/white for audio) to the DV/AV in connections on the camera.

Pls, I need your prompt assistance. This thing has bothered me after having made several attempts but could only capture sound from VCR & no image.

Rgds - JohnA

I have never used a Sony TRV480 before but is there any setting in the menus where you can change the video and audio sockets from output to input. Normally signals are sent out of the camera through the RCA sockets but you are doing the opposite, you are putting signals into the camera, converting them to digital and then outputting through the firewire socket. I'm also wondering if the RCA sockets on the camera can actually be changed from output to input?

I take it you are using Firewire to connect the Sony to your computer and not USB?