Thread: Premiere upgrade audio hassles

Default Premiere upgrade audio hassles

I just upgraded to The pro version and tried to bring in a project that I did in 6.5.

I'm new to this program and I happened to muddle through to get my project done.

I had a lot of audio edits on my clips( which I did by setting points and adjusting the volume) and when I imported the old project in I got a warning about some editing points and now the audio on some of the clips is either muted or gone somehow.

I set up fades between clips by using the "cross fadeout to black video to cross fade in technique" and they have all disappeared as well.

Why can't I grab edit points on the audio tracks and move them up or down like as in 6.5?

Default re: sound problem in premiere pro

Hi there, I am not sure if you will be able to import all the effects you have applied in premiere 6.5 into premire pro.
    But I think you can try one of the following things:
    1) Check for all temporary files that Premiere 6.5 may have created for your clips when editing them. By default there is a folder named Conformed Audio Files where premiere saves all the converted audio files, the ones you ear when previewing your project in the timeline.
    By default they are in the same folder as you project or in the Adobe folder inside My Documents.

Try also to look for the preview files, that premiere creates when rendering your project.

2) This is the easiest solution but requires that you have premiere 6.5 installed in you computer. I suggest that you open the project with premiere 6.5 and just export the sound and that use it in the project in adobe premiere pro.

3) Try to look over the web for issues or compatibility problems with sound effects between both versions of premiere.

Hope it helps

Diogo

Default Thanks

Thanks for the quick response.

I'll take a stab at it and let you know!!!