Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony DCRHC19E HELP

Unhappy Sony DCRHC19E HELP

Recently bought new camcorder via ebay, really good except cleaner threw the box out with all the software in before i had loaded it!! Can anyone help with this cause I can't transfer my videos properly. I'm doing it via usb into windows movie maker - this is not what i want..i just want to download & save or burn to dvd. Quick time won't play it & nor will realtime. Anyone help me please before i just throw it away!. Ta
    Last edited by wicked witch of the west; 05-14-2006 at 11:08 PM.

cleaner threw it away! haha,

Buy a firewire cable (and card for your PC if it doesn't have one), connect it up and you'll be able to capture with Windows Movie maker or anything else in DV format, this is what you want.

Sonys software is dump anyway, it deserves to get chucked out.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Quote Originally Posted by bgarthp
    cleaner threw it away! haha,

Buy a firewire cable (and card for your PC if it doesn't have one), connect it up and you'll be able to capture with Windows Movie maker or anything else in DV format, this is what you want.

Sonys software is dump anyway, it deserves to get chucked out.
    thanks for that maybe my cleaner did me a favour! BUT...not being very technical, how would i know if i need a card? i use a dell inspiron 9300 that is about 6 months old.

I did a search and it says on this page of cnet that the inspiron 9300 has a firewire port built in, so all you'll need to do is buy a 4 pin to 6 pin Firwire cable (like these) and you'll be able to hook it up and get going.
    Last edited by bgarthp; 05-15-2006 at 09:55 PM.

Cool

thanks very much. Really helpful. I'm new to this site & because of your help i will be back. cheers. off to by the firewire now. Bye

no bother. there'll no doubt be plenty of fresh problems when you get into editing anyway...

EXACT same problem (although cleaner did not throw my Sony disc out!)

I can capture with Sony software, then have edited and added titles in Windows Movie maker. But only out is to save to CD or PC. So I save to PC, then try to burn to DVD with Nero and it only will accept CD-

I have tried DVD+. DVD+RW and DVD-
    Got it on CD, but only plays back on PC and picture quality is blurry. And no sound.

I am a total newbie to this, but I am guessing I also need some Firewire thingy? Will take camcorder back to COmet and pay well over odd for a cable that fits then.

Any other tips welcome.

If you are capturing with USB then the firewire cable will definitely result in better quality transfer of footage from the camera,

But the DVD output problem is most likely a seperate issue,

In order to output to DVD you'll need to get your edited video in DVD compliant MPEG2 format, Windows Movie Maker (at least the copy on my PC) won't allow you to do this, so export from WMM as "DV AVI", this will be the same format as your captured footage, a huge file but keeping the quality,

Then you'll have to use another program to encode the edited file as MPEG2, there's a lot of options at this stage, there's a good tutorial from this very site that details how to do it with free software here:

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews..._articleid/100

there's lots of more detailed guides on MPEG2 encoding on the site too, try the video editing guides link at the top of the page for those.

Good luck, it'll be worth it.

Gave up, and getting a firewire cable. Need to get a card thing inserte din abck of pc, but wee shop doing that for a tenner. PC World wanted 25 supply and another 30 pounds to fit!

Good, will definitely result in better quality transfer of footage from the camera then. Fingers crossed!

Format I need for Nero is .ifo or .vob or .bup

How do I convert from MPEG to one of 3 formats above that my NeroDVD understands to burn si can watch clips on a regualr DVD player?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast