Thread: Making A 4 Way Split Screen....

Default Making A 4 Way Split Screen....

Hi, im trying to make a 4 way split screen for a music video that i am making. I can get a 4 way split screen but i want the splits to be separated so it looks like i have 4 separate screens and not 1 large screen with 4 different goings on in it.

Another thing i want to do is to add an MTV logo in the corner to make it more authentic, how do i go about making a watermark? (i think)

If this was coherant enough, can someone help me?

Blog Entries

First off, just resize your video to anything less than 25%, that way you can create a border around your clips (anything that isn't video will be black). So reduce each of them by say 23%, then postition each in seperate corners. Alternatively, resize to 25%, put locate your the outer edges of your clips outside the frame - that way you can create the border, or "cross" in the middle.

To do the logo, first create a transarent image of said logo. The image should be the same framesize as your video, with the logo positioned in the exact position you want it on screen. Note: allow for the fact that the visible area on a TV is less than on a monitor . Now, import the image onto a superimpose layer, and hey presto one watermark!

Default TREAT ME LIKE AN IDIOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    First off, just resize your video to anything less than 25%, that way you can create a border around your clips (anything that isn't video will be black). So reduce each of them by say 23%, then postition each in seperate corners. Alternatively, resize to 25%, put locate your the outer edges of your clips outside the frame - that way you can create the border, or "cross" in the middle.
    Ok, That sounds awesome! BUT, I need like an idiots guide to making this split screen. I was using a guide to making the split screen using the transform filter from this website:

http://desktopvideo.about.com/librar.../aa032503a.htm

If you could provide a better guide so that i can get the cross, since i know what you mean but cant pull it off....

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    To do the logo, first create a transarent image of said logo. The image should be the same framesize as your video, with the logo positioned in the exact position you want it on screen. Note: allow for the fact that the visible area on a TV is less than on a monitor . Now, import the image onto a superimpose layer, and hey presto one watermark!
    I think i got that.... but ill give it a try....

Blog Entries

The principles are explained here for adobe 6.x: http://www.marcpeters.co.uk/video-wall.htm