Thread: A Spring Storm

Blog Entries

Default A Spring Storm

We had a storm here today. I filmed in the rain for an hour out of long standing curiousity.

I was suprised at what the video revealed when slowed down and tweaked to make the most of the details. Nothing else was done. All the special effects are real.

I wish I had been braver and shot it on my better camera rather than my very old small panasonic and I really wish to get to repeat this with a 60P HDV camera...

1Mbit stream.

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/springlight.wmv

Thumbs up

Incredible.

Add storm chaser to the list.

There is old DS27 in the van somewhere and it is still going strong, use it mostly for Ir night shoots.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Thumbs up

Woo, that lightning bolt at 1min 26 secs in looked a bit close. Nice shots.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Blog Entries

Thanks yeesby. That flash you mention was close but when i slowed it right down and saw all the detail I realised it really was almost too close. On the s track there was a very short click too as the em pulse affected the camera.

Expect more sometime as this little vid really got me all fired up. Next time I hope to be prepared and use a better camera / location; thinknig about it perhaps standing next to a metal camera on a metal tripod in a field in a storm may not be a great idea.... hell who cares if the video rocks.

Thanks Mark, Loved the film. Makes me want to do more nature shooting.

Default cant wait for the next storm

I love it cant wait for the next storm!
    I can add something you could of done more cuts to the beat and a little less time between the lighting..

Well done Mark!

Mark

Blog Entries

Yes, I only had 3 flashes and edited it all in a rush a usual and just wnated to get it shown asap.

Hopefully the first not the last storm vid i do. Decent storms are a rarity round here but i will try harder next time, more preperation, better location, and an umbrella !

Default INCREDABLE thunder storms

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W
    Yes, I only had 3 flashes and edited it all in a rush a usual and just wnated to get it shown asap.

Hopefully the first not the last storm vid i do. Decent storms are a rarity round here but i will try harder next time, more preperation, better location, and an umbrella !

Yeh I know electrical storms are rather rare in the uk well in the south west anyway
    But I am now based in austria and during our HOT SUMMERS (Ah rub it in a bit!) we get a lot of INCREDABLE thunder storms,theres one actually forcasted this sunday which is mothers day here.

Sorry mum cant visit you ive got a storm to film..What what u say??

Mark Sorry mum

Mark

Nice piece, Mark. Excellent effects on the lightning.
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .