Thread: Quick shoot, even faster edit!

Default Quick shoot, even faster edit!

I rarely post much of what I do except for The Lost Sock - so here's one I've just done.

Shot inside a 40 minute visit to this youth project yesterday evening (2 run-throughs of the ten minute routine), edited between 8.55 and 9.30am this morning. This is just half the show, I'll put the rest online later. See if you like it.

http://www.felixstowetv.co.uk/06/level2a.html
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

2nd part of the streetdance movie is now online, here:

http://www.felixstowetv.co.uk/06/level2b.html

Now what we need to do is get one or two of the performers to direct the video, and refilm it over 3 or 4 performances, with 2 cameras. Be an interesting edit . . .

I don't get it. Its not entertaining. Just a bunch of little kids dancing. I would rather see some really good people who can dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Onomoto
    I don't get it. Its not entertaining. Just a bunch of little kids dancing. I would rather see some really good people who can dance.
    I'm not surprised you don't get it . . . it isn't a film made for artistic or similar purposes, it's a straight news report about a show put on by local kids. It just here as a little movie. To be honest, I thought anyone would find that pretty obvious, but . . . .

Let's make a deal; don't comment on what I show, and I'll make very sure that I don't comment on what you show.

Smile News item

Not just a news item, but an entertaining one. Nice to see young folk getting something out of co-ordinated dance routines. The concentration needed to remember all the steps is clear on their faces. They called exercises in muscular co-ordination ‘Music & Movement’ when I was a puppy.

Never tried a multi-cam edit for a music piece, dare say it would be fun but time consuming. Do you do the narratives for these news items?

I only put up a voice-over when it seems essential, Tone - yup, me too when I have to, although we have a weekly newsread on the local site, too, which is done by our Ruth - she's got her own fun club, I think, and her weekly review gets around 4,000/5,000 views.

Blog Entries

I've closed this and another thread as they're simply not in the spirit of videoforums. This is a place for constructive feedback and I'd like to keep it that way. Why? Cos I pay the bills.