Thread: low quality, high banter!

Default low quality, high banter!

http://www.putfile.com/dj_trigger

here you will find a small collection of various films, projects and mess-arounds I have put on the net for the viewing delight of mainly my friends. However, I thought you guys could so with something to sink your teeth into and rip apart, so I am offering up this humble little collection for you to criticise at will.

I am not quite sure why I am offering this up for dissing, but I feel it is about time I showed you why I am so untalented at film/editing!

for those of you who were unfortunate enough to see the first incarnation of my golf film, I have de-interlaced the footage and recompressed it to make it look nicer.

there are plenty of disclaimers on my putfile page as to why/how these films are so bad, but none the less, enjoy if you can!

surely someone has something to say about them?

Smile

Takes a while to watch four, two are a bit lengthy. I’d say some of your editing technique is pretty good. They all start well, and look promising, but the trick is to be brief. Dwelling too long on one theme loses visual interest, so that watching becomes a bit tedious.

I think ‘Lust for Life’ is the best one, the shots are put together well, the characters come across very genuinely, and your narrative is fine. Nice idea, this one, but could be cut back a lot. I enjoyed it.

Golf’s the weakest, I reckon. Seems a bit aimless (like the game itself, IMO). A laugh, sure, but it doesn’t try to say much. These are just my first impressions.

my favourite is lust for life, it's an actual project I did for uni rather than me and my mates messing around. we had to make it 10 mins long to fit the criteria of the assignment, but I agree it could be almost cut in half length wise.

Golf is there purely just for banter really, it does drag if you aren't involved in the film I guess, but it was enjoyed by the people it focused on.

thanks for watching, I'm a big fan of criticism, it's all very useful!

I still have my final year documentary to edit, and that should be something special to watch, as it will be a quality peice of work, rather than some low quality cam work of student banter.

incidentally, did you notice that the "born slippy" video had 10 cuts in it, and was nothing like the original footage I recieved?