Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Glidecam stuff

Default Some Glidecam stuff

glidecam 2000 pro footage

www.kidspc.bits-uk.com/videos/glidecam_1.wmv

More practice required but I'm getting there.

Mike.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

That really is very nice and smooth . .
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

I enjoyed that quite a bit. Looked really really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by miwhel
    glidecam 2000 pro footage

www.kidspc.bits-uk.com/videos/glidecam_1.wmv

More practice required but I'm getting there.

Mike.
    With the exception of your shadow in a couple of places, that was damn near excellent! I've gotta get one of those!!! Was your camera a DVX100?
    Last edited by worddigger; 05-08-2006 at 12:41 PM.

worddigger writes:

With the exception of your shadow in a couple of places, that was damn near excellent! I've gotta get one of those!!! Was your camera a DVX100?

Yeah, the main purpose was practice, and I figured if I was to show a few clips it would help me to focus on improving.

The camera is a GS400 which is fitted with a raynox hd 0.66 conversion lens, adding the lens and a heavier duty battery has helped to improve the balance.

Later this week I have a job that will mean I use the Glidecam for real, so a bit more practice between now and then I think.

Thank you all for very positive words.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Thats amazing. I would love to get my hands on one of these. Steady camera work looks like so much fun.

Looking forward to see more from you

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BOU
    Thats amazing. I would love to get my hands on one of these. Steady camera work looks like so much fun.

Looking forward to see more from you
    I ordered one from the U.S. yesterday. The video made me believer - smile

I can't watch that clip at work but will asap when I can at home.

I'm always interested in Glidecam conversation on here as I have a 2000 Pro myself.

There have been a few threads regarding setup of the unit. Did you have any grief getting the setup right? How long did it take? Also, do you use the support arm brace or just 'tough it out' while in use? Gets very heavy doesn't it?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills
    There have been a few threads regarding setup of the unit. Did you have any grief getting the setup right? How long did it take? Also, do you use the support arm brace or just 'tough it out' while in use? Gets very heavy doesn't it?
    Yes i did have a problem with the setup, the GS400 is not really heavy enough for the glidecam, I guess it was designed for a more pro style cam, first I tried adding weight under the base plate and only 1 weight back and front on the bottom which worked quite well, but the best setup I have found is with wide angle lens and heavy duty battery fitted, before this the bottom was right up as short as it would go but now it is pulled out about 30mm and by adding the longest bolts the swing test comes out at about 2 secs.

1 modification I made was to lop off the top of the handle to give more clearance from the base plate when filming low shots, which has helped.

I don't have an arm brace, and yes it does get heavy but I seem to be concentrating whilst using it so only really notice afterwards, I can imagine how heavy it would become with a bigger camera and more balance weights fitted.

I like the look of the video it produces and it definitely gives extra possibilities, in my posted video all the clips are far to long so getting some good 4 or 5 second clips will be easier I think (Hope) it's the framing that needs the work. Hopefully this will come with more practice. I'm still getting some pendulum action when tracking sideways, but once again more practice needed.

How do you get on with yours? Do you use it much?

Mike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Default

This is a wonderful technique you are using. Love it!
    How did you pick out the color of the bus in the last bit where the rest remains mono toned?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast