Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ulead MediaStudio 7 pro - Help

Default Ulead MediaStudio 7 pro - Help

Is the Pro bit in the title short for problems? Because I,ve got a few since I loaded this software on. I have captured my video footage from my digital camcorder but when I try to put it into the editing part it says cannot open the file. It is saved as a type of file that will open in windows media player. What settings do I need to apply in order to open it in the editor?

I realise that a lot of you guys maybe miles ahead of me in this game but If you could just spare a little time to help someone new to this, I,d be very grateful.

Thanks, Jazmine

The 'Pro'stabds for Professional (Allegedly).

Couple of things to check.

First, make sure that your are capturing in DV Encoder Type 1 mode. To do this,

1. From the 'Set Up' menu select 'Switch capture plug in ...'

2. Select 'Ulead Direct Show' from the drop down list (If it is not already selected) and Click OK

3. From the 'Set Up' menu select 'DV Type' ...

4. Make sure that the 'DV Type 1' radio button is higlighted and click OK

5. From the 'Capture' menu select 'Video...'

6. Click the properties button and make sure that the 'DV Type 1' radio button is selected anf click OK

If this doesn't work. Please post back and I will talk you through creating your own template.

Good luck with this though. (incidentally I have never had any problems with Media Studio myself).

Cheers Purejammy, I,ll give that a go. I,ve only bought the software today so I,m on a bit of a learning curve. Have I made a good choice?
    I was using Pinnacle 8 but kept getting my audio out of sync with the video, or the speech was all slurred or slow.

Thanks for the offer of a walkthrough, no doubt I,ll be back in touch but it might be tomorrow now.

Jazmine

To be perfectly honest, Media Studio Pro is quite simply streets ahead of Pinnacle. It os a much more professional package, and unlike Pinnacle, is largely bug free.

Incidentally if you haven't already you should download the update patch for MSPv7.01. You can find it here (although I don't think this has anything to do with your current problem).

http://www.ulead.co.uk/tech/msp/msp_ftp.htm

I,ve worked through your instructions and tried to follow the ulead website tutorials and I still cant open the captured video. I,m doing something wrong somewhere, but I just can,t seem to put my finger on it.

Any help would be very gratefully recieved.

Jazmine

Blog Entries

could you describe how you are capturing, make and model of camera, method of connection to your PC...

My camera is a JVC GR-DVX707 and its connected via firewire.
    Basically, what I,m doing is this -:

Switch on Camera, I get a window coming up asking me what I want windows to do? I select "capture video using ulead mediastudio 7"

I then get taken to mediastudio where I select "Capture" and from the drop down menu I select "Video" I then get a small window saying I can press ESC to stop or cancel, click OK to start. It seems pretty straight forward and I,ve followed the tutorial on the Ulead site which has me adjusting various settings and then capturing.
    I get the feeling I,m not capturing the footage in a format that can be transferred into the editing suite. But why would you be able to do that.
    Anyway when I try to open the captured file it tells me it cannot open it.

Cheers

Blog Entries

Try capturing using this: http://www.carr-engineering.com/dvio.htm and then importing that into your project.

Its not the capturing bit I,m getting stuck on. Its getting the captured footage into the video editor. I,ve looked at the manual and basically its typical of most manuals (a waste of a tree) I think I,d better try contacting Ulead support.

Part of the manual says "select the capture options you want" well thats no good to a beginner is it. I want them to tell me what I should be selecting.

Thanks for your help. Jazmine

Blog Entries

I think you need to take it step by step to solve the problem. Capturing in this app will isolate the capture aspect. You never know, you're captured footage may import perectly - in which case, you know yu have to adjust the capture settings in MSP. Otherwise, you know it's the project settings that are causing the problem.

As with any trouble shooting, you start at the bottom and work up. So many times, it's the smallest detail that's overlooked - and they often cause the biggest problems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast