Thread: 3.99gb is all it will do?

Default 3.99gb is all it will do?

Hi , just wanted to know if i could save my movie made in prem 6.5 bigger than 3.99gb? because the movie is alot larger than the 3.99gb so it cuts off half way through.That is all it will let me do. Second Q i have is that when i use pinical(auto size) to burn it, the sorce is 6gb but when it is burned the finished size is 1.9gb. I could have put alot better vid onto disc as i have lots of space left over.

FAT32!

Sounds like you're using either win95/98/me, or you're using 2k/xp with a fat32 filing system. the maximum size any file can be with fat32 is 4gb, so if you want larger files, you'll need to convert to NTFS.

Default 3.99gb

thanks 4 reply it is xp i'm using and it is fat32 , if convert 2 the other file system will i lose space? wht is the down side of it?

you won't lose space, and there's no down side of it, apart from the fact that you won't be able to read the ntfs partitions with a win9x boot disc.

Default tops

cheerz for that. I will have a look at changing, i just need to sort out the software problems with this burner first, when i erase a disc the toshiba dvd burner locks up . then the drive will not do anything until you turn off computer.But every thing else still works. Once i find a workshop site to help with that i will get into more burning. Don't surpose you would know about stuff like that?

you pretty much have 3 options. here they are in order of easiness.

Try a different app to erase the disc. dvd decrypter is free, and works great.

if you're using nero, try updating it.

it might be that your drive's firmware doesn't like the discs you're trying. try updating the firmware.

If all that fails, there's a good chance that the discs are just crap. A lot of dvd media is terrible. there's only a few brands, and to be honest one manufacturer, that i'll use these days. Most people who burn a lot of discs agree, and that says a lot, i think.

Default sounds good

cheerz for you help again. I will find some new software , after all the nero i used was just 30day version and the other software i was using to erase (which worked before on the same disc's) is pinical expression.Expression came with the computer and i was just using it to burn after editing in adobe pre6.5. If the price comes down i will buy plug in for adobe to burn from there. Thanks again for your help.
    Is it hard to up date firm ware? and do you get that off your pc builder or toshiba web site?

firmware should be downloadable from the maufacturer of your drive's website. Have fun though, these sites are never logically laid out.

It could also be that the disc's knackered. It worked before, but doesn't now. They only have a finite amount of writes in them, before they stop working, so maybe that's happened. I know you're probably nowhere near the quoted figures, but as i said, a lot of dvd media is terrible.

Default thanks for your reply

thanks for info will try to get it from toshiba web site

thanks