Thread: DVD import to studio audio problems

Default DVD import to studio audio problems

I managed to rip part of a dvd with a pioneer dvd burner, saved it as mpeg and imported it to my studio 8 and studio 9 (tried both) The movie scenes play fine in the preview window but when I move them to the storyboard, the audio jerks in places. Any idea wether this is a problem with studio or the program I ripped the video with (AliveDVD)

Thanks for any help, I'm very new to this.

Smile

This may be down to the options you have set in Studio ... Check the options in "Setup" --> "Edit" and, if you have background rendering set to "Optimize for make tape" (rather than "Optimize for preview") then I've found that this does happen, particularly when you've just done an edit, or if you're using a slow system.

I've left it set to "Optimize for make tape" as I'd prefer the output I create to be correct, and can live with the preview issue.

I've also found that if you pause playback when this happens, and then alter the frame number you're viewing (i.e. on the counter under the preview screen) and then start playback again it's usually okay again.