Thread: Pink Bars on Computer Screen

Default Pink Bars on Computer Screen

I have got a question to ask about my computer. I have got a Dell 3Ghz P4 PC, I had it turned on all yesterday and it was fine. This morning when I turned it on, it came on as normal and I can access my emails, the internet, etc. But the screen has pink bars all over, sometimes the entire screen is covered in small pink vertical bars and sometimes horizontal pink bars, and sometimes just part of the screen is covered in them. Also, it's difficult to read anything as everything's blurred. I thought it might be the monitor, so I got my old Dell 333MHZ PC which is still working, and swopped monitors the video cable comes attached to the monitor. The screen still had the pink bars on, I tried your thing where you slap the screen and nothing happened, I then tried wiggling the cable and when I wiggled the video cable at the main Tower unit the pink bars changed slightly. My brother's more into computer's than me and he said he thinks it's probably the video card. Would you know what's causing and how I would go about trying to fix it? Regards, Dan

as long as it won't ruin your warranty etc, try re-seating your graphics card. if this doesn't work, then I suggest you get a maintenance engineer into look at it. maybe the settings have been messed with? or maybe it is knackered?

if all else fails, get a new GFX card!