Thread: ripping dvd home movies...

Default ripping dvd home movies...

i just bought the Adobe production studio premium and I'm very excited to get started with it. obviously this a a very powerful bundle that is way above what I'm used to using (roxio media 8, ulead dvd, etc...) for my videos. so pretty much to get started i'm gonna play with my honeymoon videos. I had to borrow a crappy sony dvd handycam, being that the honeymoon drained my dry. so i have all our videos still on the little mini sony dvd's that the handycam recorded them to.

so whats the best way to rip the videos off the dvd's to start working with them in premiere pro 2? they are already in widescreen format, i cant find a ripping utility anywhere in the bundle. i'm downloading premeir elements as I type, I'm pretty sure there's a utility in it.

or should i use some sort of demux utility to rip then work with the files that way? I just want to do it the best quality way. I have a very high power pc that can handle anything i throw at it.

any help getting me started is greatly appreciated.

TIA,

CML

Hi,

I'm quite new to it myself but I though that the sony mini vids were already in digital format. If so just import them straight into the programme off the DVD's.

Quote Originally Posted by coastguard
    Hi,

I'm quite new to it myself but I though that the sony mini vids were already in digital format. If so just import them straight into the programme off the DVD's.
    Unfortunately, it's not that easy. Damn Sony making things difficult

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews/faq

Check section 10 and you should be well on your way!

Default U can try this...

what type of outs and ins do you have on that camera? This will help you big time as you can play and capture directly from the camera.....