Thread: The Lost Sock gets Cinema showing . . .

Default The Lost Sock gets Cinema showing . . .

Our local flea-pit's manager is a keen follower of Felixstowe TV's The Lost Sock - and she has agreed a Sunday afternoon premiere for the full-length version, late June, early July. That's amazing!
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .

Blog Entries

I bet she just loves you calling it a flea-pit. Well done though, I just hope she doesn't see the above post!

Everyone does - it is in serious need of a refurb, which it should be getting soon.

Must buy one of your cranes for the next movie . . .

Blog Entries

Congrats Chris. You must all be flimaworkaholics. I have been trying to finish writing a ten min drama for nearly a year now and you have made a series...

Blog Entries

Please let us know when and where the Premiere will be...

I'm sure they'll be a Videoforums outing to see it!

Blog Entries

I'm sure there'll be a Videoforums outing to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guru

I'm sure there'll be a Videoforums outing to see it!
    You'll be hugely welcome to sunny Felixstowe! At present, it looks like we'll be on a Sunday afternoon early in July, 2nd or 9th - we may need two premieres, 'cos the cinema only seats 150, if some of the seats haven't fallen over . . .

(Thinks: "Bugger - people who know what it's all about - means I have to find some in-focus shots to replace the ones that waver about a lot, and do some serious work on the soundtrack!")

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG
    You'll be hugely welcome to sunny Felixstowe
    Aghhhhh !!!! Brings back old memories. Bent Hill, Charlie Mannings and the Felsto Arms

Best of luck Chris with the premiere, you sure as hell all deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W
    Congrats Chris. You must all be flimaworkaholics. I have been trying to finish writing a ten min drama for nearly a year now and you have made a series...
    Here's the trick, Mark - it's a secret, so don't tell anyone! Get other people to do it . . . find some people who can write, get them to do it. Ideally, brief them fairly extensively about what you want, and set them going. Make sure that they understand that, for filmic reasons, you may have to make changes; make sure they assign rights to you in return for money if you happen to make some from the project - this brings out the best in writers, I find!

Find a production manager who is highly organised; make sure you like and feel you can trust him or her - I'd adopt ours if I had to . . . 'cos he'll pull the whole thing together. We've had fifty or more actors and extra, loads of businesses and locations involved, and without Giles, I simply couldn't have done any of it. No question.

Do all the bits you enjoy yourself . . . !