Thread: Scrolly titles in Premier Pro 1.5

Default Scrolly titles in Premier Pro 1.5

Hi all,
    I've been trying to have some text scroll (ETA: from right to left) across the bottom into a lower third and then stop. I can do this fine using adobe titler and keyframes, as long as the text string is smaller than the width of the screen.
    BUT if the text string goes off the edge of the screen in the titler, when i import it to the sequence and scroll it using keyframes, the text that was off the edge of the screen is cut off. Does anyone know how to have a long text string scroll onto (and off) the screen; like they do on the news?

Thanks,
    Roger

The title tool does this for you.

there is an option at the top to select the type of title you want. you can have a static graphic, have the title scroll up the screen or ac ross the screen. Roll and Crawl i think they call it.

Choose the one that scrolls across the screen rather than up it. You will also need to find the setting to start and stop off screen in another pop-up dialogue.

The trick is when you want it to disappear half way across the screen (if I understand you right). Well, you can't directly. But what you can do is create a sequence with the title scrolling all the way across the screen and then just crop or mask off the bits you don't want when you drop that sequence in another sequence.

Hope this helps.

Alan

thanks for that alan i'll give it a go

Blog Entries

Click FILE - NEW - TITLE or press F9 to get The title designer.

(I know that you already know this bit but I don't often get the chance to tell anyone here about Premiere so I'm milking it)

Next, at the top left of the new window there's a bit which says "Title Type" and then offers you a drop-down menu. Pick crawl out of this menu.
    Next to this is an icon which looks a bit like morse code.
    _ ___
    _ ___
    _ ___
    _ ___

Click on this and a window opens "Roll/crawl options" which has the option to start and end the crawl off the screen, so that it comes into the screen from the side, rather than just appearing at the bottom.

Hope this helps.

thanks both it works a treat.
    I'm not too sure about masking off alan - can you explain further?
    thanks,
    roger

I've just re-read your original post. forget what I said about masking. I was thinking of something else.