Thread: Glidecam 2000 and...

Default Glidecam 2000 and...

just a quick question really...i've purchased a glidecam 2000 (being delivered) to use with my sony vx2100 camera to obviously smoothen out my shots but what im not too sure is whether or not i shuold have my cameras in-built steady shot feature engaged whilst using the glidecam. I ask this question because i read in the manual to make sure that this feature is turned off when ever the camera is being used on a tripod which leads me to think it may also be the case for other external camera support systems like the glidecam 2000. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Western Europe

The built in steady shot is only useful for getting rid of slight hand movements so I would switch it off while using it on a tripod or glidecam. I see know there is also a 'shakycam' so you can have the best of both worlds.

Bracknell, Berkshire, UK

Yep. As long as it is an optical steady-shot then you will have the best of both worlds.

I have my Glidecam 2000 sitting on the Smooth Shooter and have never turned the steady-shot effect off.

My footage may well be crap but not because the steady-shot is left on.

thanks for the replies, yeh the steady shot is optical but was just weary to have it on or not and it seems like the sort of problem which would be hard to identify if it was better to shoot with it on or off.

Default Using teh glidecam seated

Hi there, I'm wondering if anyone has experience using a glidecam / mini steadicam, while seated? I'm trying to figure out if it's a viable option to shoot from the back of a quadbike.

Many thanks!