Thread: analogue capture with adobe

Default analogue capture with adobe

My only requirement at this moment is to capture analogue with adobe premiere,do i need a avi codec or uncompressed avi ,frame size that will suffice for quality to burn to dvd,not quite up to speed with adobe as yet .getting mixed up with trying to set up capture settings and project settings?a small nudge will send me a long way(what codec and what frame size please)

what are you capturing from, and what's the quality like?

what are you capturing from, and what's the quality like?
    i want to capture from old vhs ,first generation recording (camcorder and video vhs player) tapes but ensuring i have maximum quality(understanding that vhs is acceptable to me ) of home shot footage of family which i want to digitalise on dvd, i could pass this through my digital camcorder but it means extra wear and tear. my main concern is to capture it on my hard drive without loss of frames and be able to edit it with adobe premiere then convert to dvd,all i need is some simple parameters,frame size (providing no frame loss ) and genarally capture setting (regards buddy)

try and capture using the huffyuv codec at as high a resolution as you can.

i'd think about converting to dvd-standard mpeg-1 for the end format. you'll get hours and hours on a dvd, and it'll be about as good as a vhs.

i'd think about capturing with iuvcr, premiere is a bit bulky for just capping.

if you can't use the disc space for capturing to huffy, try capping to high bitrate divx like i do. it's as good quality visually, but a fraction of the file size. you could maybe even cap to dv-fomat avi. depends on the disc space and speed of your pc. try all the ways i've mentioned, and see what you prefer.

if it turns out that it looks crap as mpeg-1, you've still got the capture files to encode to mpeg-2.

don't ever cap to the format you want to burn to, though.

try and capture using the huffyuv codec at as high a resolution as you can.

i'd think about converting to dvd-standard mpeg-1 for the end format. you'll get hours and hours on a dvd, and it'll be about as good as a vhs.

i'd think about capturing with iuvcr, premiere is a bit bulky for just capping.

if you can't use the disc space for capturing to huffy, try capping to high bitrate divx like i do. it's as good quality visually, but a fraction of the file size. you could maybe even cap to dv-fomat avi. depends on the disc space and speed of your pc. try all the ways i've mentioned, and see what you prefer.

if it turns out that it looks crap as mpeg-1, you've still got the capture files to encode to mpeg-2.

don't ever cap to the format you want to burn to, though.
    thank you for that ,will try out and report back