Thread: Question about video caption

Default Question about video caption

I am a newbie to this site so please bare with me. I got a camera (Canon ZR 500) and Vegas Platinum for my birhtday abvout a month ago and have recorded stuff on my camera and was going to capture it onto vegas for editing. when i captured the tape to Vegas and i watched it after it was done the sound was very etchy and the video seemed to go faster than normal. any ideas about whats wrong? because i am a very avid video editor but this one has gotten me stumped...if anyoone could give me a step by step process about what to do to correct the audio and the video ti would be great, thanks

Check the properity settings, something off. also try the in-program help/trouble shooting tips.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

i did, but i cant find anything...i think it may have to do with frame dropping...can i get those back after they have been thrown away? and when i capture the video to Vegas the sound and video is okay for the first like 2 secs, but then the video goes fast and the audio doesnt match up well...any other resolutions?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magicfreak81
    i think it may have to do with frame dropping...
    Sounds like you need to recapture if you've dropped frames...

how do i do that? just re shoot it or just plug in my camera and just copy it to my cpu again?

Blog Entries

It may not be as easy as that. The most common causes of dropped frames during capture is a poorly or un-defragged disc, or insufficient space available on the destination drive. Commonly, if you have less than 30mins available, dropping frames will occur. Do any of these apply to you?

i have enough space on ym drive, i think i have about 30 gigs left open on my C drive...and i dont know about my de-fragged disc or anything, i pretty much installed the Vegas, plugged in ym camera and clicked 'capture' and when i watched it the audio was etchy and the video went very fast. what is the 30 mins availiable mean? i dont know haha