Thread: Vegas 6 for $50

Default Vegas 6 for $50

Yep you heard it (although I take no responsibility if it's a CON), I saw a link on another thread within the adobe forums and thought I'd let the Vegas heads have a bit. kakdilasoft dunno how they do it but they have "Sonic Scenarist 3.0" for $50.
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 04-18-2006 at 09:31 PM.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Blog Entries

I've recieved a lot of SPAM from them recently. I've read official responses from Adobe about the this and it's border line legal.

I've deleted the link, but left reference to the company.

No probs, sorry if I broke any rules.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

Blog Entries

We don't really have any rules about posting links to be honest. Only that if it looks and smells either illegal or spam, it gets removed.

I see alot of bootleg copies on a popular auction site. Their even bold enough to tell you it's a bootleg copy.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

6. Default

These people are still selling, or at least hosting their website.

Google hits for them are limited to people complaining about the spam.

Is it legal, illegal, or "borderline legal"?

I may buy it if it is "borderline legal", but not if it is illegal.

The reason that they are giving for the software being legal, that it is downloadable, is cobblers. If downloadable software were that cheap then Sony would be selling it at that price themselves.

There is a site in Russia selling mp3 of western music at about 25 cents a song. It is, apparently, legal in Russia due to different copyright laws in that country. While selling mp3's of artistic productions is legal in Russia, I have no idea about the legality of importing said mp3's to other countries. Needless to say however, the people who made the music are getting a much smaller cut than they would otherwise get if one purchased the song at a high street CD shop. And similarly with the product in question - it is clear that the manufacturers are going to get far less of an award, if any.

I see that: the company in question is based in China, it is not possible to register the products or recieve technical support, they are also demanding that those that purchase certain products burn a CD befre they install. A strange requirment.