Thread: Dancing silhuette video/animation

Guest Guest

Default Dancing silhuette video/animation

Hi guys and Guy-ines (Girls )

I am a wabdesigner, and for my current projekt i need a video/animation of a black silhuette dancing.

Now i've always been doing all the stuff, when designing websites, myself, so before i will purchase any new software i will, of course, first find out if the application suits my needs/requirements.

So my basic question:
    Can I, whith a video of a dancing human, cut him/her out, convert that human to a silhuette, and then use it in Macromedia flash?
    Or shall this be done in other ways, with other methods and applications?
    Last edited by Marc Peters; 03-16-2009 at 04:14 PM.

The best thing for you is after effects. Although it's a high end compositing tool as opposed to a video edit tool it offers a huge range of capabilities! - I know many flash designers who use After Effects and Flash together to achive great results! I've even used afx myself to produce some flash for my own site (top left of irishmark.net) Yes it's an expensive product but the use you will get from it will be astounding and once you get used to it it will take you up a notch!

To do what you wanna

Most standard NLE appz will allow you to do thisdo you should shoot the subject against a green screen (make sure your subject is wearing a contrastly diffrent colour ie NOT GREEEN), then key out the green colour. Then apply a colour overlay to the layer and that should do it!

Most Standard NLE's will allow you to do this.

Guest Guest

Hey.

Thanks for your reply!
    I think After Effects looks like a good application, just to suit my needs.
    I'm, right now, downloading the tryout version, and i'll see if i can learn something from it. (Wow, large file 1200 mb )

Nice site you have there btw.

yes its huge but very versatile! - Let us know how you get on!

what i did when i had to do this in school was have somebody dance infront of the greenscreen, and layed 2 tracks down in premiere. I then greenscreened the first one, so the person dancing was all that was there, then i did an inverse mask on the other so the first one was the bg, then the second one was a black sillouete (spelling) of the person.... worked seamlessly
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com