Thread: Help with memory issue for premiere elements 2.0

Default Help with memory issue for premiere elements 2.0

Hi everyone, I have a question and wonder if anyone has encountered or regulated this problem. I'm new so bear with me . I'm still editing my project and I noticed that as I put more and more files, it always gives me a sign saying adobe is running out of memory, please proceed with caution. After that the program just crashes. I am making a rather long home movie and was wondering if my project is too big and I should make a new project for a separate DVD. I know that adobe is a system hog but I do have 1 gig of memory and I'll post my specs which last I checked were over the recommended. If you guys have any advice I would really appreciate the help!

p4 2.4
    1024 memory
    asus p4b533
    radeon 7200
    windows xp

Thanks guys,

Ken

Exactly how 'big' is the movie you are making? I've one on the timeline at the moment running at 55 minutes, I want to transfer it to DVD later so I want to keep it under an hour so I don't have to put more compression on it than I need. It will take about two hours for the final DVD to pop out of the drive. What format was the original material captured in? Did you use Firewire or analogue or transfer files say from a DVD or portable hard disk and convert them using some third party piece of software? The spec on your computer seems grand, I have a 3GHz cpu and 1GB ram and a 7200rpm disk. When was the last time you defragmented your hard disk or disks?

How big are your hard drive(s)? How much free space is on them? Especially the one your using for PP 2.0.

Dave

Hey guys,

After further researching I found somewhere that PE 2.0 does not support the new Mini-dvd's format. I didn't know I had to change the mpeg file into an avi. It might be because I had overloaded my program with all kind of small mpegs that might have slowed down the memory. With some luck I was able to save onto the scratchdisk an avi and burn it to disk. My project is no where near as long as yours (not even 20 but I think longer because of all my pain and heartache lol) but I think you will be good. I still have well over 190gigs on my HD so room it is. Let me know if you know more about the information of not being able to support mpeg files from Mini dvd's.

Ken