Thread: easiest software

Default easiest software

Hi every ones

I'm new in the business of editing and i need and efficient and easy-to-use software editing system for my videos. So is it possible ti find an easy but great editing system? Could you held me?

Thanks

Blog Entries

Hi there. To be honest, that's a pretty wide open question The best thing you can do is take a look at some of the software reviews on this site:

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews/software_reviews

Browse the forums for people opinions, and take a look as some free demos:

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews...16_sectionid/3

Default thanks

Some dude told me that Unlead is the best software for a beginner, but i heard Pinnacle Studio 10 is easy-to-use as well.

Yu kno, a just want to edit a rock show i shoot some weeks ago...

Our Pinnacle and Ulead sections can help you decide.

I'll tell you, Premiere elements is great. That was the seacond thing I used, and I think I could have started out on it. But yea pinnacle makes great software. Be warned though, it can be a bit of a recourse hog.
    CDB Productions

Ulead can be a little tricker then pinnacle,but BOTH have terrible bugs and will crash your computer all the time!

I used to use Pinnacle studio BUT had to change because its not stable enough.It a big thing getting thr grips with a new program but its worth it.I would recommend you download Sony Vegas and go from there.

Mark

Blog Entries

I dont think there is any such thing as an 'easy' yet powerfull and flexible editor.

Like Marrs, I tried a few and went for vegas, but thats me.

Reasons- - Very very stable, great k frameable effects, accepts and edits most formats on the timeline, and I was familiar with acid pro so the interface was familiar.

Downside - not an industry standard so if you fancy a job in tv not the best. Cant think of any more.

I am not an industry pro or a teccy and I took to it quickly(ish).

I started off with a program called Arcsoft Showbiz. I got it off of my buddy's computer and put it on mine. I used that for 2 years to edit skate videos then when I realized that I can do more with cameras I turned to the gods of Adobe. They have brought me wonderous programs and I love them all. Premiere 2.0, After Effects 7, Audition, Encore, Photoshop. I used Vegas 4 as well but only because it renders mp3 files haha. Doesn't have enough plug-ins and can't do as much compared to After Effects and Premiere. Though Vegas is good. That was my second program I used for like a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Onomoto
    I used Vegas 4 as well but only because it renders mp3 files haha. Doesn't have enough plug-ins and can't do as much compared to After Effects and Premiere.
    Not meaning to step on yer toes Onomoto but while that may be slightly true for Vegas4, Vegas 6 I have found to be more versatile than premier pro2. Ok so Integration with After Effects is not a streamlined but if you think things through its still simple to use Vegas with After Effects.

Put Vegas6 alongside Premier Pro2 and they are both incredibly versatile.

Vegas is easier to use from the very beginning - everything is where u'd expect it to be. The effects supplied are very versatile and with a little bit of thought you can achive almost anything without the need for 3rd party plugins. There are pleanty of plugins available but they are harder to find.

PP2 is the more popular simply down to its reputation but its not neccesarily better. Plugins are far more readily available and there are more options for hardware support. The problem is the interface is not as easy to use - its a bit fiddly but once you get used to it its good.

All in all Vegas is easier to learn and it will teach you more about editing but PP2 has more 3rd party stuff available.