Thread: title safe

Default title safe

do you have to stay inside the title safe margins for tv?? because it just looks like wasted space when you put it on the web as well doesnt it??
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

I know I've had it happen a couple times when I ignored the safe areas and made it fill the screen, then when I watched on my tv parts of it were cut off. I guess it just depends on which medium you intend to watch your video on.

Remember, the term 'title safe' is just that. If you are posting to the web then I guess you can ignore it. If you want to watch on a TV then you better be aware of them.

the point is they are guidelines. You stick to them or ignore them at your own discretion.

but the thing is i'm going to have my commercial for my design company posted on the school tv channel, and i'm going to stream it on the net on our website, and i need to know if i should make two videos, one with title safe, one with it ignored.... dunno
    Mac G5 workstation with 4 gigs of ram, 4x250 gig drives in raid 5. High availability cluster server running centos for a server. 2xCanon GL2 cameras.

TuscSports.com

Blog Entries

CRT TVs have overscan. This means that some of the picture will be cut off when viewed on most TVs. Some TVs will cut off more than others. Do you need to worry about this? Well, it's called 'title safe' because any graphics you display on the screen may be cut off. So place graphics within the safe area to ensure viewers can read the text!

Other than that, you can ignore it. Cerainly don't resize your video to fit the safe area! Besides, graphics look wierd when placed right at the edge, so it's best from a aesthetic point of view anyway!