Thread: HELP!! HD WMV & TS DVD-ROM production

Default HELP!! HD WMV & TS DVD-ROM production

Hi Folks - I've been given a rather steep task to produce by the end of the week. I need to produce a DVD that contains footage that will play on a domestic DVD player, and also a WMV file that play HD on snazzy new computers. They want the DVD player footage as DV and the WMV as HD. My question(s) is thus:

1. Is this even possible? I know most decent DVD players will play all sorts of movie files but they want 'proper dvd compatibility (TS)'.

2. If I export it the HD footage to WMV9 is that enough? I've read about exporting to WMVHD but this is not an option on PPro 1.5.1. Unfortunately I don't have a computer with HD viewing technology to check weather it works!

3. Will Toast Titanium be able to create a DVD-ROM containing both a WMV and a TS DVD file.

Any help will be greatly appreiciated!!!!! THANKS!!!!! :cry:
    CAMERA: Sony HDV 1080i
    SOFTWARE: Premiere Pro 1.5.1 + Nero

Most good DVD authoring programs will let you add project files to a DVD that are readable by a PC but not a DVD player, so you can easily include your WMV HD files on a plain old DVD.

PremPro 1.5.1 can export to WMVHD from an HDV timeline - just run the Adobe Media Encoder from the Export menu and pick a WMV9 template. Allow plenty of time for this - its very slow.

You can view your WMV HD files on any PC thats fast enough (2.8GHz) and is running Windows Media Player 9 or 10.

GG

btw u might want to make also include a folder called codecs and thow the klite codec pack in there.

Also make a autorun.ini file on the dvd in the root directory linking the WMV file to play when the cd is inserted, depends on the customer.
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.