Thread: HELP!! HD WMV & TS DVD-ROM production

Default HELP!! HD WMV & TS DVD-ROM production

Hi Folks - I've been given a rather steep task to produce by the end of the week. I need to produce a DVD that contains footage that will play on a domestic DVD player, and also a WMV file that play HD on snazzy new computers. They want the DVD player footage as DV and the WMV as HD. My question(s) is thus:

1. Is this even possible? I know most decent DVD players will play all sorts of movie files but they want 'proper dvd compatibility (TS)'.

2. If I export it the HD footage to WMV9 is that enough? I've read about exporting to WMVHD but this is not an option on PPro 1.5.1. Unfortunately I don't have a computer with HD viewing technology to check weather it works!

3. Will Toast Titanium be able to create a DVD-ROM containing both a WMV and a TS DVD file.

Any help will be greatly appreiciated!!!!! THANKS!!!!! :cry:
    CAMERA: Sony HDV 1080i
    SOFTWARE: Premiere Pro 1.5.1 + Nero

Most good DVD authoring programs will let you add project files to a DVD that are readable by a PC but not a DVD player, so you can easily include your WMV HD files on a plain old DVD.

PremPro 1.5.1 can export to WMVHD from an HDV timeline - just run the Adobe Media Encoder from the Export menu and pick a WMV9 template. Allow plenty of time for this - its very slow.

You can view your WMV HD files on any PC thats fast enough (2.8GHz) and is running Windows Media Player 9 or 10.

btw u might want to make also include a folder called codecs and thow the klite codec pack in there.

Also make a autorun.ini file on the dvd in the root directory linking the WMV file to play when the cd is inserted, depends on the customer. 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.