Thread: The Life of an XM2

Blog Entries

Default The Life of an XM2

After realising I didn't have enough material to finish the video of my toy (my megan), I decided to use what material I did have and made a little montage of some of the videos shot by my trusty XM2.

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/files/montage.wmv

Ok, at 16 I may be totaly off...but whatever he we go....

In Montages I look for a theme. In yours it went from Cars, and for me what seemed like an Adults passion for cars, and driving. Then it went to marriage, and then to having fun with other adult friends. Then to having kids, and ending with the boy playing with the toy car it seemed to me like you were trying to convey the passing down of hobbies from father to son. And if that was a theme then I got it, but if it wasnt I am just reading wayyyyy too much into it.

So to me it all fit together, EXCEPT for the computer stuff, which I thought was just too out their and did'nt really like in it. The stickers was like whoa, and the initial pan of the keyboard had me like hmmmmmm intrested, I was like maybe he is wanting us to connect sleek design of cars to computers.

So yea.

Then we have what I consider really important, pacing. And man did you do a AMAZING job with the music and the video clips. I was like wow, put me right there with them and absorbed me.

For the videos, I LOVED the sweeping angels for the weading(sp?) and everything else. The video clips were great, the only part I didnt like was the part had the text scrolling across the screen, it seemed out of place.

Like I said earlier the music was fantastic, it fit really well and I am curious to where the music came from.

Overall great job. I really enjoyed it, nice camera work, and though its a montage, good story telling. I felt like I saw a good chunk of your life, or of someones at least.

man the footage looks amazing man, the music also a great touch as well.
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avier
    Overall great job. I really enjoyed it, nice camera work, and though its a montage, good story telling. I felt like I saw a good chunk of your life, or of someones at least.
    Thanks for the comments. It's a montage of some of the videos I've created over the last two years. From wedding videos to guides and reviews. So all what you see is actually taken from videos I've already made - a 'showreel' if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Sithxace
    man the footage looks amazing man, the music also a great touch as well.
    I'm glad you noticed the music. It's a royalty free piece from Chris Worth Productions. One of the reasons I created and posted this video was because I critiqued yours!

really nice shots, nice editing and the music was great!

It kinda botherd me that you didnt lower the gain och the audio on some of the clips, like the clip on the boat. But it's your masterpiece

The XM2 is a real nice piece of machine, would lika to play with one myself but haven't got the cash for it

A question; the weeding footage, do you have some sort of glidecam? Or have you used a filter/speciall effect "steady move" plugin..?

Blog Entries

Thanks Mark. The wedding clips were shot with a Glidecam 2000. It's a fantastic piece of kit but not for the feint hearted. I'd say it's one of my most used and most noticed pieces of kit.

Review of the Glidecam can be found here: http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews...2_articleid/41

What's just as important however is Magic Bullet. This little piece of editing trickery gives any video instant sex appeal.

Review of Magic Bullet Editors (the first version, review of version 2 is to come!)

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/reviews...2_articleid/76

Ok. I've tryed the glidecam 2k, its very nice but, imho, very difficult

Very nice clip anywhooo

Blog Entries

Nicle one. Looks like a trailer for that new channel - 'men motors marriages and mates'.

Those giledecam shots rule, I want one.