Thread: my old pc....

Default my old pc....

People are impressed (friend and family, not video people.) buy what i do with my crapy old pc... One Person is running out once a month to get the latest gaget to make his movie turn out better... he spend more time and money on gagets then on actually learning how to use the camera. Its kind of frustrating to see him with a $10,000 (camera and pc included) set up dedicated to filming and no interest in taking the time to learn how to manipulate it.

While i have a budget and have to make do with the basics... there is no Brand new Mac in my future. my old pc had to be tweeked and tuned to beable to capture and lets just say dvd authoring is a afternoon event....

But it all works, sure the dvd authoring is slow. but it works.

MY problem is my processor is a old p4 1.5 , but i have a ati capture cad, a 256 ati video card, dual burner and also a dvd player, firewire, and 1 gig ram.

my videos turn out pretty good and i find some people put way to much emphasis on the hardware and not enough on talent.
    Dh/freeride MTB\'r
    video filming: novice
    Editing: novice
    Always learn something...
    See my videos!

Default Re: my old pc....

Quote Originally Posted by Atomik777
    People are impressed (friend and family, not video people.) buy what i do with my crapy old pc... One Person is running out once a month to get the latest gaget to make his movie turn out better... he spend more time and money on gagets then on actually learning how to use the camera. Its kind of frustrating to see him with a $10,000 (camera and pc included) set up dedicated to filming and no interest in taking the time to learn how to manipulate it.

While i have a budget and have to make do with the basics... there is no Brand new Mac in my future. my old pc had to be tweeked and tuned to beable to capture and lets just say dvd authoring is a afternoon event....

But it all works, sure the dvd authoring is slow. but it works.

MY problem is my processor is a old p4 1.5 , but i have a ati capture cad, a 256 ati video card, dual burner and also a dvd player, firewire, and 1 gig ram.

my videos turn out pretty good and i find some people put way to much emphasis on the hardware and not enough on talent.
    We should start a "crappy computer club"

(p4 1.7)

I'm frustrated about my camera, not my computer.

Blog Entries

Yes, I agree. Getting all hung up on getting the latest dual core 3 chip uranium powered inprobability drive powered camera / pc means that you arent actually making films, only obessing about STUFF.

' Buy less stuff - make more films ' probably applies to many of us.

I still want a dual core pc and a jvc hd100 tho ! !