Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My best video yet.......

Default My best video yet.......

check it out, its a break dancing video from a breakdancing event in VA, USA. check it out, lemme know what you think, i reallly like it a lot.

http://www.nelproductions.com/videos/VA.html
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

2. Default

Great Job. You and the dancers. What software you use for the morphing?

Default greeat job

great job, music, effects all work nicely together. Some of them look like there legs don't belong to their bodys the way they move around.

All i would say is next time maybe try another camera at another angle. Just gives the film more depth.
    DUDE were's my car
    www.myspace.com/cheapdirt07

Blog Entries

In my opinion the camera work simply wasn't up to scratch. With absolutely no variety in shots, it makes for an uninspired video. You really need to be more creative in when filming, which is something I've commenetd on before on one of your videos. It will make editing that much easier.

You'll also find you'll be using less 'effects' when editing as the video itself speaks louder. I'm not sure the effects you used really worked that well. More there for the sake of being there than adding somethings to the video.

I know they're harsh comments, but you'll ever improve if people heap praise all the time.

Default Morphing tools

Quote Originally Posted by Evereddie
    Great Job. You and the dancers. What software you use for the morphing?
    AMAZING BREAKIN` MAN!!
    Read this I was also wondering about these effects

http://www.videoforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6853

Video work not so interesting
    different angles and camera movement maybee would help a bit,
    A name to the breakers would be nice also.
    But the media was Cool

Marrs

yea ofcoarse if i would have had the opportunity touse a better cam and diff angles i would. LOL 1st off my forgot my 2nd battery and my 1st battery was alrdy dead when we got there lol all for my panasonic ag-dvc30. So i had to borrow my friends sony hc20 for the whole event.

THX FOR THE HARSH COMMENTS, i appreciate it, just trying to get better by each vid
    -Sean
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard

Besides the need for different camera angles I thought it was good. So nlthing new to add...

Don't be discouraged this is good work, getting different angles will mean you won't have to rely on effects and filters so much.

Love the prodigy

Love the morphing

For me the coloured split screen in the middle just masked the action at this compression and I didn't like the bar transisions.

Anybody who posts a vid in this forum is brave, it's a tough place, but what is said is usually helpful.

thx everyone, i rather have harsh comments rather than good job ones. As long as yiou explain why im happy with ur comment. Myself dont think its the best, i just felt it was a huge improvement from my previous vid, and i look to have another huge improvements in my next vid.
    -Sean
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard

Blog Entries

I have not read the other comments Sithxace and I am going to be harsh cos I know that is what you want.

Definitely better than the last vid I saw. Judged on a short vid showing the dancing it does well but it could have done sooo much more.

I know very little about b dancing and I was hoping for more this time. Who are these elastic lads? Why do they do it ? History of the event? Evoloutuion of the phenomena? The music?

I would have enjoyed seeing more background info in the form of an expert presenter (you?) , along with a few interviews with contestants and organisers. In short some 'what is it all about' stuff would have lifted the vid to the next level. This looks like the trailer for that video.

You clearly have the acess, enthusiasm and knowledge but you dont seem to have exploited it.

Editing wise some more sounds from the event would have added drama maybe, some different and crazy camera angles maybe. Watch out for those effects too, I suggest thinking about what a chosen effect is adding, how is it speaking to the audience. At the moment some look a bit random and 'show offey'. That venetian blind wipe really has to go (pet hate).

Can you get in really close with that camera next time ?

I think what it really needs is the added interviews and background to make this interesting to a broader audience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast