Thread: Preview on External Monitor

Default Preview on External Monitor

Hiya Guys and Gals

Don't know what it is i am doing worng but i cannot seem to get the preview monitor to display in an external monitor. I am use pro 2.

Can anyone help?

Thanks a lot

James

Blog Entries

Please could you explain what you have tried so far?

Sorry Marc,

It has been a very long day.

So far i can get my external monitor to replicate a display of my primary monitor but cannot seem to work out how to allocate the preview screen to the extrenal monitor. The Adobe help files tell me to consult my graphics card maufacturer but surely i need to change something within Premiere.

Hope this is clearer

James

Blog Entries

Right, that makes sense. To get a video overlay on a monitor, it generallu has to be set as the primary monitor. I don't believe there is a way of outputing just the video signal to a second monitor, but you can span the Premiere window over the two monitors and then expand the preview monitor to fill the whole of one of the screens.

ahhhhhh

Now I understand!

Why could the Adobe file not just tell me that

Thanks a lot Marc, looking back on it now it seems a very obvious solution

Regards

James

Thanks a lot

It Works like a dream

James

Sorry I know this is a slightly old topic but would just like to say thanks. After scanning the premiere help archives for hours I just found the answer on this post in about 2 mins.

Default External monitor

Happens all the time - tell your friends. The Adobe site does lack a bit of motivating enthusiasm. This site lacks nothing!

Default BUMP: More Info...playback to external monitor

I've been researching this very issue... what I've got thus far.

I'm using XP Pro (SP1), ATI Radeon 9550 (triple head - vga, dvi, s/video), with the CATALYST suite (can't recall the version offhand, fairly new though.), PPro 1.5 trial, ADSTech s/vid & composite capture card (I'm not gonna put any real money in hardware until I've got a working proof of concept system running).

XP desktop extended onto 2nd monitor (tv), thru s/video->composite adapter plug, with CATALYST Control Panel output'ing video onto 2nd monitor in THEATER mode.

So far, with no video layer active on primary monitor, tv shows extended desktop; and with a capture window up on the primary, the capture video shows on the tv as full-screen. This functionality is reliable; i.e., always acts this way.

What sometimes works, sometimes doesn't is full screen playback from the Monitor window.

So far what I've only gotten to work one single time is the functionality that I'm really after; full-screen playback from the Timeline so I can eyeball the final video for color weirdness! (think comfort factor before I author dvd)

I'm sure that it's a combination of factors/settings, and it may turn out that this card will only support one video layer; but what really get's my panties in a twist is that PPro 1.5 so easily does it when capturing, but not when editing...
    Last edited by ColdWinterWind; 05-28-2006 at 09:53 AM. Reason: ...Info about....