Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sound recording software

Blog Entries

Default sound recording software

So what software do you use to record sound through the computer's soundcard?

As for me, I'm using Soundforge, o--kay, does what it should but quite basic. So what's the consensus here?

Please.

Blog Entries

The only software I've ever used to capture audio is windows sound recorder!

Blog Entries

Okay, I'm geting a bit nerdy in my old age, and am looking for something a bit more flash. SoundForge is okay, does the job reasonably but there's no input control, you record what you get, and then muck about with it.

With Windows you can control the volume and that's it (or is there a secret digital mixer hiding somewhere which I've not found?)

Can't afford Sound Forge, but little Audacity does the job when needed.

cool edit is the bomb, or rather whats its called now adays after adobe bought it out, Audition
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

Yeah Audition is good, has center channel remover (takes vocals out of most songs), and has full multi-track support and the whole bit. I'm using it to record a song for a music video for a school project, and its working really good, makes it pretty easy for proffesional quality sound. And before that I used Audacity which is free and easy to learn, and you can use tracks and such.

7. Default

Unless you buy a high end software ( http://www.digidesign.com ) which comes bundled with a hardware package you will always set the input level in the windows control for the sound card.

Some software may dress it up ( http://www.soundblaster.com ) but in the end you are still working with the windows control for the sound card.

Audition is good software,....but try looking at N-Track. It's by a private designer and has all of the bells and whistles and is less than $100 U.S.

I see, so the sound quality can only be as high as the windows sound card. So Audition is allowing me to lay it out nicely, but the bitrate of the sound will never be any higher than recording in sound recorder?

Don't think you need a soundcard these days. You get one of these Firewire or USB Analogue to Digital interface boxes that lets you connect mics, mixers, instruments etc. The number of audio channels you can simultaneously suck in and record is limited only by the number of inputs on the box and the power of your PC. Software such as Audition provides a 'soft' mixer with faders for all of your external channels.
    GG

Blog Entries

I did record directly into vegas untill the mic input on my card went weird.

Now I record to camera and capture to vegas, which is silly really but works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast