copyright free music

Thread: Prem. Pro Slo-mo Vs. Twixtor Slo-mo

Thanks

Default Prem. Pro Slo-mo Vs. Twixtor Slo-mo

I've just started using the Twixtor Plug-In for Premier Pro. This supposedly creates new frames in between existing frames to create a much smoother slow motion effect.

Thing is I've followed the set-up instructions to a T, can see the results, and they look no better than the results gained with the Premier "speed/duration" tool with frame blending turned on. Does this mean that Premier Pro is already equipped to create new frames for a smoother slo-mo effect?

Please help. I'm relatively new at this, and you could save me a lot of time and money on different programs with your knowledge.

Thankyou,

Christian

Thanks

I'm almost certain that premier does not "tween" frames it merely repeats them for slo-mo. If your not slowing things down too much premier will yield satisfactory results. If you want really slow slo-mo or a speed ramp effect then twixtor is the way to go, although it's fiddly to use and expensive. If youv got money to spend consider getting a compositor such as Combustion which has a slowmotion tweener far better than plug-in software and tons more to boot (colour correction, particle systems, keying, titles, 3d compositing, tracking etc etc yadayadayada)

tonga

Thanks

Default Video Surgeon better than Slo-Mo

Yet another software you might mention is Video Surgeon. This software has the ability to change the speed of the playback, zoom-in and to set loop points so you can play a section repeatedly. It also automatically detects the URL's of videos playing on Youtube and thousands of other sites and helps you download them. A FREE, four hour, fully functional demo can be found at http://www.videosurgeon.net

Thanks

Video surgeon, please be serious! for one thing you can only slow down to 50% speed! its a joke