Thread: My Video In the TV

Default My Video In the TV

Hi, i want to get my own video onto a tv screen. I've followed a tutorial (I cant find what one) and its all good so far.
    But i am now stuck. I've created a black area with photo shop where i want the video to be on the video.

I like put it onto photo shop, and went into transparency and instead of that video (I put underneath it. (I transformed it into the tv screen))
    It comes out black. So the people are watching a black screen, instead of that video.

Its hard to explain it. If you could help then i would be grateful except i cant really describe it. I will look into this.

There are several ways to achieve what I think you want.

The easy way. Go in to Photoshop and create a new image using the DV template with a transparent background and create your TV leaving the screen area transparent. Import to ppro and place on the track above your video and resize the video track to fit the screen.

Also check out the track matte key, this can be used to make black areas of a video transparent.

If I understand you right you have, in youyr video clip, a TV and you want to place another video clip over the TV so it looks like the TV is playting the second video clip. Is that right?

I did this once with no messing about in Photoshop. Have your main clip (containing the TV set) on layer one. have your TV programme clip on layer two and simply corner pin layer two over the TV. Easy. you may need to keyframe it if you pan or move the camera though.

When I did this to get the effect even better I made sure the TV was not switched on when filming the main clip and then when I corner pinned the top layer I lowered the opacity a bit as well. This then allowed reflections on the glass of the TV set to show through as well, making it more 'real'.

You can see my example in the middle of my movie 'Final Hit' available on here somewhere, if you want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by miwhel
    Go in to Photoshop and create a new image using the DV template with a transparent background and create your TV leaving the screen area transparent. Import to ppro and place on the track above your video and resize the video track to fit the screen.
    I want the people watching the T.V to move as well.

Alan Mills..

I am so stupid, i diddn't think of that! Thanks, i'll go try that out now!