Thread: Two burns, two failures

Default Two burns, two failures

Well its been a long road but i finally got there (or so I thought). Video shot and edited in Prem Elements 2, all ready to burn to DVD.
    Set it all up, disabled broadband, turned off the screensaver and Norton antivirus then started the encoding process. A third of the way through the encoding stops with a single message "error", that's it "error".
    Tried it again same error message problem, no explaantion, nothing. How am i supposed to know what went wrong??
    I guess i'm not the first person this has happened to- any ideas, solutions?

Thx Rich
    Dell Dual Core Pentium 3 GB Ram 500 GB (7200 rpm) SATA Drive 128 MB ATI Radeon Graphics (TV out & DVI) 16x DVD+/-RW Dual layer

have you tried the Microsoft patch discussed in http://www.videoforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7306 ????

Update- further burning operations have also failed and with different projects so ive ruled out any corruption of the source material. If all else fails read the operating manual under "troubleshooting- encoding errors". This is where it gets interesting.
    According to Adobe "if you get an error during encoding there are a number of alternative options"
    1) Use another encoding software package (helpfull)
    2) Encode with Adobe Encore (another 300 quid)
    3) Save out (Export) your project as a DVD.AVI file then reimport it into the timeline then save it out to DVD.

Tried option 3 and would you believe it, it worked !!

Can anybody tell me why? Why does saving it out as a DVD.AVI then reimporting it suddenly make it easier to encode and burn??

Thx Rich
    Dell Dual Core Pentium 3 GB Ram 500 GB (7200 rpm) SATA Drive 128 MB ATI Radeon Graphics (TV out & DVI) 16x DVD+/-RW Dual layer