Thread: Help Required

Default Help Required

I wasnt too sure where to pop this post but i hope that you can help me.

I am from Fearns Community Sports College, and in May we will be holding a special talent show. We have a projector set up with the stage, and we would love to have live video projected onto the screen at the performance, eg.

We have 3 cameras, and we want to be able to switch cameras and project it onto the screen.

We dont have any idea about how to do this and we would like some information on how to set this up. Would we need hardware, computers? We have 3 cameras and we was thinking that they would link to a video desk, then the video desk send out to the projector? We would also like to record this to save as a dvd later on?

Any information would be much appriciated.

Can nobody help?

Western Europe

At one end of the scale you'll need a vision mixer (quite expensive) where you can feed your three cameras into it and use fancy effects to change from one to the other. At the other end of the scale there are switching boxes, again you plug the three cameras into it and either pressing buttons A, B or C you will get the corresponding camera picture and sound coming through. So it really depends on how much you want to spend or what equipment you can lay your hands on.