Thread: 16:9 to 4:3 convert without letterbox

Default 16:9 to 4:3 convert without letterbox

Hi folks - I filmed, captured and edited in HDV widescreen but it now needs to be outputed as PAL, normally I just do it in letterbox format but the clients want it full screen (with the sides cut off) Any tips? I copy and pasted the clips into a new PAL format project but the film was zoomed into, far too close - I don't have time to zoom out effect each clip. Any help would but great! Cheers! :( :cry: :( :cry: :( :(
    CAMERA: Sony HDV 1080i
    SOFTWARE: Premiere Pro 1.5.1 + Nero

You could create a new sequence in the PAL project. Then drag the original sequence onto the timeline of the new sequence. Then you only need to alter the size and position of that one "clip".

Given that all you're really going to do is charge them lots more money for just cropping the sides off the presentation couldn't you just politely suggest to them that they change their DVD player to Pan & Scan mode and let the DVD player do it for them at 'runtime'?

Default ha

Ha ha - I don't think the clients are clever enough to understand how to change their TV screen dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mills
    Given that all you're really going to do is charge them lots more money for just cropping the sides off the presentation couldn't you just politely suggest to them that they change their DVD player to Pan & Scan mode and let the DVD player do it for them at 'runtime'?

I don't quite understand that - do you mean export all clips as one movie and then import it into a PAL format project. I'd still like to retain the editable clips. Is there a way to apply a video effect to all your selected clips? rather than do them all individually?

Did you make the wrong quote in that post?

The video I imported is not being displayed properly, it is greenish and has lines across it.

If you need help with something, start a new thread and don't highjack someone else's. Second, the more detail you provide the easier it will be for someone to help, including software, computer spec, type of footage etc.