Thread: Freeze problems in all kinds of Adobe Premiere

Default Freeze problems in all kinds of Adobe Premiere

Ok, let's just get to the point. I've used Adobe Premiere from 6.5 and up to today's Pro 2.0. I always thought that everytime they release a newer version of Premiere, this one problem will soon fade away, or at least decreasing. But why do I get the feeling that it will always haunt me?

I'm talking about the freezing that can happen anytime, literally. I've already had 3-4 times in less than one hour. Sure, auto-save helps (i've set it into saving every minute,even though it doesn't always save 'every minute') but, is there anyway to cure this?Or at least tricks that will avoid this to happen?

Thank's a bunch for the answers!
    The truth is within us...

Azriel, the fact that this problem has happened to you since the dim dark days of 6.5 should be giving you a clue that in all likelihood it lies outside of Premiere and within your system itself.

Premiere does indeed have some specific situations in which a freezing timeline is a problem - most notably when combined with the Matrox RTX hardware but in your case I'd be inclined to look at a physical issue on your PC.

How are you for disk space, fragmentation, memory, processor speed, and perhaps most of all, processor temperature? Many users report freezing issues that turn out to be an overheated processor so check your case ventilation, fans, etc. I'd be inclined to run with the case off to see if that helps.

Check hard drive connections, memory integretity and so on.

Some more details on the nature of the freezing would probably help as well.

Jon

Have you tried a clean reinstall of windows when upgrading, premiere is not solid, but the amount of freezes your getting is beyond the norm for premiere.

I agree with shellgrip check the fans and heatsinks for fluff and dust, heat is a PC killer, and video editing generates lots of it.