Thread: Premiere or Pinnacle Liquid?

Default Premiere or Pinnacle Liquid?

I'm recently working at a small video production house (makes weddings, clips, etc), and they are using Pinnacle Liquid program to edit the videos.

At the begining i thought they were using that one, instead of Premiere or Final Cut Pro, because it was cheaper.

In a conversation with the "boss" i told him i usually use Premiere at home, mainly because is a mainstream program, average easy to use, and to get help and plugins.
    And he said: "Premiere is an amateur program! Only amateurs use that! Pinnacle Liquid is a much better program, and that's why we use!"

I was appalled, to say the least!

Is this true? I always thought Adobe Premiere was one of the best editing softwares, only passed by Final Cut Pro!

Blog Entries

His opinion is exactly that: his opinion. Pinnacle Liquid, Adobe Premiere, Vegas - they all do pretty much that same thing, and that's edit video. They're all editors of choice for the wedding et al videographer and no one will make you more productive or creative than the other (other than being more suited to you).

It's a matter of taste. You could just as equally suggest that filming weddings isn't being "in the industry". But don't tell him that.

Blog Entries

I agree, I have used a few of the editors mentioned and they are all excellent. I think your friend is talking rubbish, and anyway most wedding video people dont need or use half of the creative potential of most editors.