Thread: 24 Numbers

Default 24 Numbers

Im sure this has been asked before, but i searched the topic, and got no results. Does anyone know how to get the counting numbers that u see in 24, as i was bored at college and managed to get the window effect of the changing video feeds, just wanna no how to put the digits in now. I have adobe premiere and AE, so I have the tools, just need any answers.

Cheers

So you just need footage of a digital clock to count up in seconds or are you talking about that cool fade up that they do.

Either way i think you just need a series of still images. Either of individual second son the closk and fade them in an aout in sequence or maybe just build your '24' logo up as differnet photoshop layers and then animate them as necessary in Premiere. Bring them in to AE for the more subtle fades and changes if you need to.

no no, i mean, if you watch the show, every 15min or so, the screen will go black, and there will be multiple shots of whats goin on, and in the middle is the clock, thats counting up, telling the time, with the beep beep sound continously. I would like to make the 24 thing that they have at the beginning of the show, but for now im interested in the clock in the middle of the screen

Even easier then. All you need is a good fount (English spelling because I'm feeling more English today than American ) and make some stills and/or 'titles' and just fade them in and out as required.

im in a roto mood, if anyone has any other footage of stick fights, i would love to have a crack at rotoscoping it. technically i could show off my little shotgun, machine gun etc effects, and a advert i did for college, full up with a bout 300 individual sound files

I notice that you have After Effects. You can use a "numbers" effect in that where you define the stary and end numbers and it will display an incremental number for you.

You can even set it to display a date. I found this very useful for a Golden Wedding video where I wanted to show a date that moved forwards by 50 yrs in 9 seconds, overlaying a morph between the wedding photo and a recent photo of the couple. Having After Effects do the date for me was very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by HammY
    im in a roto mood, if anyone has any other footage of stick fights, i would love to have a crack at rotoscoping it. technically i could show off my little shotgun, machine gun etc effects, and a advert i did for college, full up with a bout 300 individual sound files
    Hee Hee. I think you hit reply in the wrong thread!

yes....i realised this....haha, oh well, i thought i was weird it wasnt posted in my own thread, ah well