Thread: change of background

Default change of background

dear sir,

i am using sony vegas 5.0 and just started learning video editing. i have a movie of myself and wanna change its backbround. is this possible with this software or i have to purchage another one.

By changing it's backround, I'm assuming you want to change what's behind you while leaving yourself in the picture. This is possible in Vegas, but only if the footage is shot with a blue or greenscreen behind you, using chroma keying to remove that colour of pixels, and leave transparency. Then you can add a background of your choice on the layer below. To just erase your backround without chroma keying and replace it with another can be done with a program such as After Effects, but is very time consuming and needs to be done frame by frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman
    By changing it's backround, I'm assuming you want to change what's behind you while leaving yourself in the picture. This is possible in Vegas, but only if the footage is shot with a blue or greenscreen behind you, using chroma keying to remove that colour of pixels, and leave transparency. Then you can add a background of your choice on the layer below. To just erase your backround without chroma keying and replace it with another can be done with a program such as After Effects, but is very time consuming and needs to be done frame by frame.
    dear sir,
    you got it right and helped me lot. thanks. one more problem. i want that i can edit in such a way that two different videos can be viewed simultaneously in two different pan. how this be achieved.

Default Split screen

one more problem. i want that i can edit in such a way that two different videos can be viewed simultaneously in two different pan. how this be achieved.
    Try this: Put each video on a separate track. Using pan/crop [rt click] move and resize the video in one track to the left side, and the other event on the other track to the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by Locutus
    Try this: Put each video on a separate track. Using pan/crop [rt click] move and resize the video in one track to the left side, and the other event on the other track to the right side.
    since i was away from home on company tour for some months, therefore was not able to reply. now i have had ulead studio 9.5 and i wanna using this how i can do such things.

I'm not sure with ulead but like Locutus sid the pan/crop in vegas would be easy to do.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction