Thread: Exporting In After Effects Help

Default Exporting In After Effects Help

I dont use after effects much other than making text animations. When i do that, I just make my animation on a green solid then "make movie" and add a key in premiere. i downloaded a trial version of trapcodes particular and i am playing around with it. i put together a sequence of 2 meteor like fireballs hitting the bottom of the screen, then there are 2 explosions.

when i go to composition>make movie and i make it, it plays all choppy in wmp. so i tried clicking pre render and it made a avi file of the video in my browser box. when i add the avi of what i made into a new comp it plays fine straight through but when i make that version a movie it plays choppy.

I am kind of new to this kind of stuff, and I am probabaly not doing it right. I just need to make the 18 seconds i have of trapcode effects into a video file so i can edit it into a project in premiere

anyone know what to do?

Thanks,
    Steven Bogda

I'm using PAL footage and windows XP, I do this:

Composition>Composition settings>make sure duration is correct, so 18 seconds or whatever.

File>Export>AVI> (video for windows selected) Save >

then click settings for the video and change it to DV/DVCPRO NTSC (I use DV PAL)

slide quality to Best, set frame rate to 29.97 (I use 25 for PAL).

>OK

I leave the sound as uncompressed, or uncheck the box if It's not important.

That seems to work for me, I get choppy playback in WMP I think (but that might have been when I used a different codec ) but the footage works perfectly in Premiere.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by bgarthp
    I'm using PAL footage and windows XP, I do this:

Composition>Composition settings>make sure duration is correct, so 18 seconds or whatever.

File>Export>AVI> (video for windows selected) Save >

then click settings for the video and change it to DV/DVCPRO NTSC (I use DV PAL)

slide quality to Best, set frame rate to 29.97 (I use 25 for PAL).

>OK

I leave the sound as uncompressed, or uncheck the box if It's not important.

That seems to work for me, I get choppy playback in WMP I think (but that might have been when I used a different codec ) but the footage works perfectly in Premiere.

Yes thank you. I think it is wmp on my part too, it seems to be fine in premiere now. Thank you.