Thread: kung fu look + blood question on premiere elements

Default kung fu look + blood question on premiere elements

deleted by user.
    Last edited by lunacyisagift; 07-27-2007 at 07:33 AM.

Ah Master, Grasshopper he report he not know if Adobe able to do Kung Fu look (sorry, I was drifting back to the days of David Carradine there). I don't know if it's possible to do what you're looking for in APE2, but you could try tinting your video, adding grain filters, am I right in thinking they used low angle shots a lot in that TV series or is it the A -Team I'm thinking of? You had the camera pointing upwards and some guy went flying through the air in slow motion. You also have to get that swishing sound when anyone does a move (as cheesy as it is). How many scenes are you intending to add blood to?

As cheesy as this sounds you need to get straight up hitchcock status. Make stuff work for you.

example record you sqeezing a plastic pancake bottle fille dwith watered down catchup. lol

do it over a green or white background, and walla squirting blood. lol

Or if you have the time involved in learning MAYA 3d then do that, make the blood however you want it
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

Quote Originally Posted by lunacyisagift
    Is it easier to get blood on Premiere?
    not in the slightest! :( You will be faced with exactkly tyhe same problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunacyisagift
    I bet you can paint frame by frame...
    I'll bet you can't - sorry!! That's what Photoshop is for.[/quote]

Will your actors be wearing costumes? Can you squirt tomato ketchup onto them or use food dye instead? If you are painting in on someones face, make sure they are not allergic to it. For painting (blood or anything else for that matter) on frames of video you will need the likes of Adobe After Effects, you can't do that in Premiere. Again for the Kung Fu look, lots of close ups of the eyes, especially before a fight scene, quick cutting from one scene to another, out of sync dialogue (remember the tv series 'Monkey' or those early Bruce Lee films?).

Ohhh this should be said,

theres a difference between modern kung fu and old style kung fu, A little resolution lowering and fading out the color a little but is perfect for old school.

Also heres the key, make your props look fake, Make them look like a bad attempt at realisim.

All actors must look constipated at all times, and all actions must have a over the top sound effect.

Dont make your scene transistions smooth, make them sudden, sometimes at the wrong time visually. Your basicly trying to make it look like you dont have the 50 or so years of camera and video experience the world has devoloped.

A general plt is important, and when i say general i mean like someone took your pack of cigs and now you must avenge them. And to avenge them you must defeate the 7 deadly shoalin monks of the Newport temple.

once they have been defeated and your guy is beated baddly you then face the master of the temple. He's a bad guy so he must play unfair and play tricky.

U get your ass kicked then you have a memory sequence of the first cig you ever smoked and go into enhanced kung fu mode and kick his ass.

ALA all action movies also u can see this type of writting in the matrix with NEO

Its really bullshit but its the norm

im just making stuff up off the top of my head dont mind me
    freeformvideo.com: 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.