Thread: Need a sound track

Default Need a sound track

Hey folks - this is my first post, so hello!

Was recently on a snow holiday with 17 others, and wanting to edit my footage into a video. A few years ago, my old employer had a corporate video made up - and I'd quite like to pinch one of the ideas from it.

The soundtrack made this video - it was just a whole lot of stills put to music. I am desperate to find out what the track was called - but can not remember much about it - but the idea...

It started with kinda mysterious music (and may have been a count down from 10 in a kinda computer / space type voice) then the music went to a fast kinda drum solo when they flashed each employees’ picture up for a slit second (this was very effective put to the music). Thereafter, it went onto a very kinda upbeat track - and had computerised voice through it (may have been something about going on a journey or come on or journey or something like that).

If anyone has any ideas what this track may have been (I have only ever heard it once since in a shop, so it is probably an obscure track from an album) or could suggest some other track I could flash everyone’s picture to very quickly, then could you please give me a shout!

Also - I’m just using windows movie maker. Happy to spend a wee bit of money if anyone could suggest a better programme available in the UK.

Cheers folks!

I don't know the name of the track you describe, but I would certainly use a fast cutting piece if your snow holiday involved skiing or snowboarding. You want a track to emphasise the action and maybe the nightlife aswell. I'm sure there are lots of copyright free CD's available that would have something for your particular needs. As for the video editing software, Movie Maker is fine but if you want to spend some money (you didn't say how much) then I would recommend Adobe Premiere Elements 2, where you can chop and change the audio and video to your hearts content and playabout with things like blend modes, keying effects, picture in picture, changing colours etc and then burn your masterpiece out to DVD.

Thanks for the advice Niko...

I had a look at that programme - its coming in about £65 which is a bit more than I would have liked to have spended...

The thing thats putting me off movie-maker is that you can't adjust the video sound to backing track sound ratio easily - is there any other software that you know of that allows you to do that a bit cheaper?

Cheers - Ricky

Outer space by the protigy? Even if it's not the right one this track rocks with the right video and having snowboarding would defo fit the bill. :twisted:
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

In widows movie maker, tools>audio levels, and that lets you adjust the ratio, and for specific clips, clip>audio>volume, and adjust that clips volume.