Thread: DVDs freezing up in DVD Player

Default DVDs freezing up in DVD Player

Have been editing home videos and burning to DVD for a couple of years now and have built up a pretty good collection of DVDs (well more than 10!). The problem I have is that for some reason all of a sudden my DVD player is freezing up when playing the disks. They have all played faultlessly in the past, but now every single one freezes up after a few minutes into the DVD. Does anyone have any idea what's going on ? I do have everything backed up on MiniDV but am loathed to reburn all my disks given the time it will take. If my DVD is no longer up to the task then it might be easier to just buy another cheap DVD player. Would I be hopelessly optimistic to think there is such a thing as a model out there with particularly good compatibility for various different DVD media that might save me a lot of time and effort in reburning all my disks ? Any recommendations for a sensible model to buy or advice on resurrecting my existing model greatly received.

Your Lense is dirty....

Try to pick up a lense cleaning disk, if that doesnt work, unplug it and open it use a qtip and some alcohol on the lense and try again. If that fails throw it out the window.

I found that most of the time if the disks once worked they still do. Its usually something being dirty. 3D Animated Menu\'s Transitions, Backgrounds or just about anything 3d all Animated.

Many thanks for this. Will give it a try.