Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Competition Time - Make a Trailer for a Reward!

Blog Entries

Default Competition Time - Make a Trailer for a Reward!

It's about time we had a competition on the forums - one to get the creative juices flowing

So here's my idea:

Criteria:

Option 1: to make a 1-3mins trailer for a non-existant film. I'm sure you all know what a trailer is, but check here for a few samples: http://www.apple.com/trailers/
    Obviously the more like an actual trailer, the better. Including tittles and perhaps even a voice over.

Option 2: to make an advert about a non-existant product. Anything you like really, as long as it's not an actual product.

Interested?

Rules and yada yada:

Prize: Well the prize is dependant on how many entries we get, but for a start, I'll make the prize a $2 amazon gift voucher per contestant up to a maxium of $100. So if at least 50 people enter, the prize will be $100. I convert that to cash for UK entrants, or a suitable alternative to other conutrys should the winer want. If we get more than 50 contestants, I'll consider upping the ante.

Criteria for entry: This is a community, so I'm going to make the competition open to members with at least 5 posts. Only one entry per member. The video can be about anything, but obviously has to be a trailer for a non-existant film (made-up!) film. The video must be between 1 and 3 minutes and ideally no bigger than 10MB. Any format may be used, but it would be advisable to post ina format that most people can view.

A shall personally draw up a short-list of 3 videos after a month from the start of the competition. These 3 videos will then be put up for vote in a seperate section of the forum. The video with the most votes will win. Only members with at least 5 posts will be eligible to vote .

And that's it. As soon as I get the first video, the competition will start. If interest is slooooooooow, I'll extend the deadline.

Hopefully it we'll get at least one entrant, but remember, the more people enter the bigger the prize!

Count me in!

Sounds good to me!

Blog Entries

Excellent stuff. When you're ready, post at http://www.videoeditingforums.co.uk/...hp?p=2773#2773

Hey Marc,

What if we don't have much original footage but we have footage from other sources?

Example: I have a lot of footage from a TV show but I can edit it together in a manner that makes it look like it will be a feature film....can I do this?

Blog Entries

As long as you own the copyright

Good point. Yeah, I'll just use my own footage.

Blog Entries

Ok, to make things simpler, I've opened up a seperate forum. To post there, you need to belong to the Digital Director Competition user group. So if you've got more than 5 posts and want to enter, just joing that usergroup

Blog Entries

note the change to the criteria I'll also now be opening up ALL videos for forum voting...

... and in a few months we can have some little figurine statues made up that look just like Marc and we can have our own awards ceremony

I vote Janet Jackson as host

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast